Saturday 20 April 2013

Mica Masks and Distress Ink

We've still got the internet so thankfully we're still in business!! The weather's been really cold up here in the hills but down in the tourist area it's warm in the sun.....so good for the holidays makers. We went down to the old town yesterday and had lunch in a tiny taverna tucked away in a side street. We had a great lunch/snack ......chicken kebab in a pitta with salad to die for. How do they do such tasty salads. You never seem to be able to replicate it at home. They gave us fruit to follow.....'on the house' lol. A Cyprus tradition which is sadly in decline. With a soft drink this was all for the princely sum of 8 Euros!!!

Ok now for today's card. When I was in the UK last yaer I was very lucky to find a Papermania Craft Fare. I found lots of goodies that I could never find here in Cyprus and one was some Mica Masks.

For the background in the oval aperture I used That Special Touch Mask. I also bought some Tim Holtz distress inks. The one I used was Mustard seed. They come in a fab range of colours.....sadly I couldn't buy them all lol!!


The lovely sentiment reads 'Happiness held is the seed: happiness shared is the flower'
I added a felt butterfly from my stash which was a perfect colour match with the background and two diecut flowers.

Another card waiting to be sent to one of my dear friends.

Challenges: Happy Campers Challenge No. 15 ....Use a Mask or a stencil
                    Throwdown Tuesday..........Focus on the sentiment
                    Craft-Room Challenge............So Sentimental

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Wynn for sharing this beautiful and gorgeous card at Craft-Room's "So Sentimental" Challenge, welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic male card. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty card, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome card really really love the wonderful sentiment.

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete