Monday 22 April 2013

Girlie....No Sew

Today is my weekly Craft Group meeting. I was having a break from the planning and handed over to my colleague. This is always a treat for me as I never know what we'll be making.

A black and white girlie card was on offer which at first appeared simple. It was simple really but very fiddley as the toppers were so tiny to make.

We were given the pattern for each element which had to be traced then cut out and placed on either black or white card.The card is a white DL with the corners rounded with a corner punch. The main image....little black dress......... was placed on the left hand side. Three squares in black card were placed on the right hand side with the white toppers.....handbag, shoe and a pouch on a lead.... put in the centre.

Then came the fun bit....... glitzing it up!! The elements as I said earlier were so small that I had to search hard to find beads that were small enough not to overpower the elements. I went for pink and purple diamantes which I've had in my stash for about 7 years. I never seem to use them up.  I added a purple feather to the dress which is quite small and unless you're a crafter I think it would have been thrown away by now it's been in my stash for sooooo long.............but crafters never throw anything out do they lol!!! 'It'll always come in useful ' is my motto much to my partners despair!!!


This week's challenge on Top Tip Tuesday is to use faux sewing on your card. I used black to faux sew the edges and around the handbag. I also found in my stash a black topper which had faux white stitching around the edges.
 So finito!!! Another to add to my collection of 'girlie' cards for my girlfriends.


Challenges: Top Tip Tuesday.......'Say it isn't sew!.....No machine sewing!
                      Oldie but Goodie Challenge.....Make it girlie

3 comments:

  1. Black and white is always so elegant. A great use of the stitching effect. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the black and Purple colour combo and great job with the faux stitching too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and great stitching effect and the fab feather. Next time you link up can you link the specific post, and not just your whole blog though as it was harder to find which card you were entering into our challenge.
    Thanks honey.
    Annette
    Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
    xx

    ReplyDelete