Sunday 9 June 2013

Fine Plummage

Jocelyn, for this week's challenge over at CD Sunday, has chosen 'Fine Plummage'. This conjures up a number of images but I went for the obvious....birds.

I had found some fab images on the Pyramid Krazy CD.....an old standby....I can always find something suitable on there. The background is from Ooh La La Faithful Friends CD. It's not clear on the piccie but it has a fine, feathery look. The card style is very simple to make. It's an A4 card folded into four equal parts..........quadfold. I have used this before and made each section into a tag but this time I thought I'd try to make them into golden birdcages......for my fine feathered friends. Hope you think I've succeeded.

 
I chose three images and added a sentiment to panel three. Each panel was decorated with gold straight line peeloffs to give the appearance of a birdcage and a gold corner peeloff was added to the top of the 'cage'.
 
I made a golden bow and tied turquoise ribbon around the knot.
 
 
For panel three I stamped a frame using Tim Holtz distress ink and added the sentiment ''I wish I could fly to where you are.'' Of course I had to add a feather just to make it a bit fluffy and a gold organza bow to finish it off.
 
If you want to see other fab creations from the rest of the team pop over to  CD Sunday and enjoy!!
 
Challenges: bunnyzoescrafts .....wings

5 comments:

  1. A wonderful card Wynn, it's great to see shaped card for a change. Love the addition of the feathers on this too.

    Sue T x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea to make all those 'cages' Wynn. Great card design.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have succeeded in making it look like a bird cage, clever you, the images are beautiful and feathers and bows finish it beautifully.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea Wynn. They really do look like golden cages. :-)
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the screen shape. What a beautiful item! Marina

    ReplyDelete