Friday 4 October 2013

1950's Dreamboats and Petticoats and Rock 'n Roll

That's what comes to mind when I think of the 50's. What a fun era this was!! Over at CD Sunday the DT's have come up with some memorable cards.......go check them out you won't be disappointed.

I searched my stash of CD's but couldn't find the 'petticoats' I wanted. So I went to CUP and found a great image designed by Sue Wray. I then found some additional toppers from Debbi Moores Shabby Chic Music Collection CD. The two together work perfectly I think.


 
I mounted the main image at an angle to give it some movement. I used cerise card stock to match the dress. I decoupaged the skirt to give it some dimension.....wish you could see the stiff net petticoat underneath. I mounted the two toppers from the CD on dotty paper to match the main image. My trusty crystal stickles blinged it up and Voila! The strap line ' Rock Party' is also from the CD. Now doesn't she look 'Reet Petite' ready for a night out with girls.
This card is for my grand daughter's 14th birthday........a delightful young woman. She's a star in the making.....sings like an angel and is learning to play the guitar.
 
Challenges:
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment