Wednesday 30 October 2013

Make your own Flower Embellishments

Over at Crafting with Dragonflies we've been challenged to make our own flowers. This was great fun and the design team have lots of inspiring creations for you. The prize will be provided our sponsors

Prize 2 images


My craft group have recently purchased a Tonic Punch and Stamp set so I thought I'd have a little play with that. Well couldn't resist really.

 
For the challenge I created the Gardenias.
 
You need 5 petals and a sepal and a stamen which I embossed to make it curl. The petals 'sat on top of the flat sepal, overlapping each other. Then the curled stamen was added. No inking or stamping needed with this.


 
The card was made into a 'pocket' and I added the flowers to the open top. One large and two small and some punched out leaves. I edged it with CB border die cuts.  There were some tiny waste flowers from this die and I added those and my liquid pearls went in the centres of all the flowers. I tied a double ribbon around the pocket and added a double bow. Two further small bows were added to finish off.
 
I made the large bow with the double ribbon then added a smaller bow on top with a glue dot.
 
 
 
This 'card' folds back at the bottom to make it free standing. The idea was from one of my crafters, thank you Terri. I think she got the template from a magazine but which one, I'm sorry I do not know....maybe someone recognises it then I can give it credit.
 
Now you must pop over to :
 
Good luck and have fun creating your own flowers. I know I did.!!!
 
Challenges:
                                                 craft-deebowz......make your own bow

No comments:

Post a Comment