Sunday 27 October 2013

Travels Abroad

Good morning fellow crafters. It's Sunday again and time for another challenge at CD Sunday. This week's theme has been chosen by Christine. This is my final week as Guest designer for this fab  group.

 So here goes with my take on 'Travels Abroad'.

Now my favourite place in the whole world is Paris, well after Cyprus of course, so I played around with that in mind and what CD to use and how to use it. I had a large topper/diecut in my stash of a sparkley Eiffel Tower so that had to go on somewhere. My Grand daughter has just come back from Paris and she described the Eiffel Tower as sparkley at night....she's right....it's so beautiful lit up.

 Thinking of 'travel' well lots of things came to mind.....transport, beach scenes, city scapes, maps etc. Then I had a 'light bulb' moment and thought....luggage. What did I have in my thousands of images.......I kid you not!! So without too much of a search I found some templates of luggage. Where they were from I do not know but thank you whoever you may be. They were perfect. Now for the CD........well good old Debbi Moores' CD Shabby Chic Collection came up trumps again and I found an ancient map in the transport section. Instead of using it as a background paper I made the luggage from it.


 
I had great fun adding all the embellishments. The luggage is faux stitched and  I made little tags and added the wording, Bon Voyage from my stash and Au Revoir was hand written, and fasten them on with string around the handles. Plus a couple of blue organza flowers finished them off.....girly but you could easily make them for a guy. The sentiment/letter I found on google and can't find the note I made as to who wrote it. Very very sorry as it's a beautiful letter written from one friend to another who was going off on a journey. I printed it out on pink girlie paper and added a bow that matched the flowers. Faux stitched around the letter too, just to tie it in to the whole scene.
 
Hope you can see that I've had fun with this letting my imagination run 'wild'. Thank you Christine for your choice of theme this week. And thank you CD Sunday for letting me loose on your challenge blog. I've had a great time.
 
Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment