Sunday 29 June 2014

Round again (recycling with Carol)

Phewwwww!! Good Morning everyone. It's a scorcher here in Cyprus. Yes we're having a heat wave. Bit early for it in June but then the weather is crazy all around the globe this year. I am trying not to dehydrate as I don't want this kidney to go into shock. So the water bottles are taking a hammering!!

This week at CD Sunday Carol has challenged us to recycle something and to use something from a CD as per normal for our challenge blog. Well I thought why not recycle an old CD. I had used one earlier in the year when I covered it with fibres but I thought this time I would use DP.



I covered the CD with some spotty DP from Hunkey Dory. I cut out hearts with a heart punch and folded them in half placing them centrally on the CD.....a bit like TBag folding. The heart papers were from an Ooh La La Shawn Jenkins CD. I then placed one heart in the centre ....to cover the joins. I couldn't find a suitable card to put it on so I created this card shape. Looking at it now it looks a bit weird....a bit Miss Piggyish lol.... I think anyway.
I then began to 'bling' it up using a bead spray that I cut from a roll of ribbon and beads from Lidls. I added butterfly gems around the top and on the bottom of the card......I've these for eons in my stash. The little bow in the centre matched the beads perfectly....how lucky was that!! With the Hunkey Dorey paper I made the two flower toppers using a flower punch and a petal punch.
I had fun creating this but not sure if I like it or not. This happens sometimes doesn't it. You make a card and then look at in the 'cold light of day' and think NO I don't think this is up to standard.

Anyway I'm sure you can do much better. I know my teamies have come up some brilliant creations and have been recycling like crazy!! So it's over to you. Don't forget you can recycle anything but make sure you use papers from a CD somewhere in your creation.

Off you pop to CD Sunday to be inspired!! Have fun and Happy Recycling.!!

Challenges:
cutecardthursday.........#327 Circles
shoppingourstash......Favourite Colour (Pink....yes defo a Pink Lady)
craftycalendarchallenge......Petal and Pearls (used a petal punch to make flowes & purple pearls)

4 comments:

  1. A good idea to use a CD in your design Wynn, after all, that is what we are about. Love how you have placed the 'hearts' in the middle using contrasting colours. I have lots of the little gems but never think to use them. We have all come up with different ideas for Carol's challenge.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well i think you have done a great job on recycling a CD, not the easiest thing to alter at all but you done it, i love the bead sprays too.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to recycle a CD. I'm sure we all have lots that could be used the same way. This recycling challenge has been good fun hasn't it?!
    Jocelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun way to recycle a CD! And this card is definitely PINK! :) Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete