Sunday 5 October 2014

Time and a Twist.....Shabby Chic

This month at Unstampabelles, Susan has challenged us to create something using 'Time' as the theme with the twist being Shabby Chic.

This is my take on the theme. An altered clock.

                                      
                                                                        Before


                                                                         After

I had an broken clock which was in the spare room looking very sad so I decided to give it a facelift.  I added lace trim which was in a strip. I put DS red tape around the base and pleated the lace adding a thin white ribbon to finish and neaten the top edge.....fiddly but satisfying when finished. The middle section is a different lace strip pleated in the same way. So that was the main body covered now for the fun bit.....prettying it up Shabby Chic style!!

I used clusters of cream roses at the base with rose buds a lacey leaf in the centre. Then I found some pretty pink flowers that I had in my stash for 'stroking' purposes only......only a dedicated crafter will understand what I mean. Anyway the 'time' has come to use them. I only had four so I had to use an even number breaking my rule of always using an odd number. These were placed up one side with a die cut flourish added to top. Now over to the other side. This time I used a cluster of white porcelain roses and a die cut flourish at the bottom of the face. Then another cluster of the cream roses higher up and finally a lace flower. This I hand made from a strip of petal shaped lace which I gathered and stitched together and shaped into a flower adding a cream flower to the centre.

Ooooppppss nearly forgot the three flat backed pearls at the bottom. These were from my UK haul.....see earlier post 'Christmas is Coming'.

Well folks I really had a lot of fun with this challenge and now my unloved bedroom clock is standing proudly in my guest bedroom ready to be loved again.

So if you've 'Time' off you pop to Unstampabelles and join in the challenge and and don't for get to visit our sponsors flourish with a bling.com

 
For the Month of October they have a huge $2 Flower Sale. Click on the link above and get your stock of flowers which will be ideal for any Shabby Chic project......so no excuses....get spending lol!!!
 
Don't forget to check out my teamies creations.....you won't be disappointed. Have fun!!
 

6 comments:

  1. Wow Wynn. U have dressed tje clock so gorgeously. . Almost looks like a lady set out for a ballroom party. See more of u around at unstampabelles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great - and yes, I understand what strokable flowers are! Such pretty embellies used here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely is this, so pretty and so shabby chic.
    Thank you for joining us over at Altered Eclectics...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so so pretty. Love what you have done,​Thank you for joining in with our challenge this month and hope to see you in future challenges.
    Hugz and love Elaine aka Ellapu​

    ​Owner of
    ​Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Altered Eclectics
    Eclectic Ellapu
    ​DT for​
    Anything but a Card

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW what a gorgeous makeover...the lace and swirls look stunning
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete