Monday 2 February 2015

#173 'Love' with Anne

It's February already and time to get your thinking cap on to create those Valentine cards. I'm sure Anne had this in mind when she set us our challenge this time. We had some love entries last time for 'Once Upon a Time' challenge, thank you, don't for get to pop over to see if you're a winner.

My card is an early Christmas card for my OH. It's good to be early and I never have enough cards and usually end up rushing to make my OH's but not this time.


The main card is gold card stock and I mounted the machine cut heart on top. It was a gift from a crafty friend so I'm not sure where she got it from. All those cut out prancing reindeer led me to the wonderful OLL CD using Shawn Jenkins artwork. I knew I'd seen a reindeer on there somewhere and it was perfect to go with the background and the prancing reindeer carrying a heart.

I put gold trim along the top and bottom and added tiny gold hearts. A 'With Love' gold peel off was added but on reflection I'm not happy with this as it doesn't stand out in the piccie (it does in 'real' life tho) I may have to rethink this and probably mount it on red card. I added a gold 'Happy Christmas' sentiment to red card stock and two glittered hearts which I bought in a pack from Lidls.

A simple but effective card I think you'll agree. Now it's your turn to let 'Love' inspire you. It doesn't have to be a Valentine card but could be 'Love' for anyone in your life even your pet pooch!! So over you go to OLL challenges (link in sidebar) and be inspired by the LOVE my fellow teamies have for you.

Have a crafty week and keep warm (our cool if you're from the Southern Hemisphere).

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Wynn, and I'm sure your other half will love it.

    Alli x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Wynn, that die cut heart is a perfect match for the heart in the image. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card Wynn, your cut heart and image go so well together.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely Wynn, a great take on the challenge and the cd reindeer goes perfectly with your other elements.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. Love that gold peeking out from the heart die cut, and how perfect was your leaping dear with the heart to complete this love theme. Beautiful Christmas card, but also a great design for a Valentine card as well. He'll adore it! TFS &Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card - you cannot go wrong with red and gold for Christmas. My hubby is very lucky if he even gets a tag for Christmas! I do try to make something as he carefully tucked them all away in his filing cabinet but I am not always able to get them done in time! I love the deer, both the image and the die cuts.

    ReplyDelete