Sunday 19 April 2015

Layer it Up with Christine.

Good Morning from wobbly Cyprus!!! Yes we have an earthquake this week. Thank goodness no one was hurt but there was a bit of damage in supermarkets with stuff flying off shelves.




It was quite strong but didn't last long. So we can relax again and count our blessings that we all survived.

On to this week's challenge at CD Sunday and we are Layering It Up again!! Christine has chosen our theme this time and I think you'll agree that there's lots of scope for your creativity with this one. We had lots of fab entries last time with CAS cards and I know Jenny is having a hard time deciding on her top three. We still have our tribute running to Wendy, aka Purple Crazy, and there are extra prizes been added all of the time . So don't forget to dust off those CDs and find something Purple in remembrance of Wendy Link

This is my inspiration for you.


                                          (Sorry about picture quality.....bit dark isn't it!!)

I began with a square white card which I scalloped using a fancy trimmer. The bottom layer is lilac card cut to size and embossed. The central layer is a piece of background paper from a Joanne Sheen CD 'Eastern Treasures'. The large flower topper is a punched out shape from plain white card. I then used the same background paper to punch out the small flower heads and covered the large shape. In the centre is a white flower button with another flower head and flat backed pearl layered on top. I also randomly placed pearls on the flower heads too.

To complete I added two heart pins and a small white bow plus pearls in each corner. The sentiment 'Have a fabulous day' is from another CD by Debbie Moore 'My Fair Lady'.

I hope you've been inspired with my take on 'Layer it up'. For more inspiration please visit CD Sunday and see what the rest of my teamies have created for you Link
Don't forget to be in with a chance of winning a lovely prize from Christine you must use a CD in your creation and tell us which one you've used please.

Have fun.....I did!!

7 comments:

  1. Well Wynn I'd like to bet your earthquake shook you up! (Sorry) but I'm glad you're ok.
    You have some patience to make this card with all those tiny flowers but it is so worth it as it' very pretty.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. I am glad you are okay after the earthquake

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of clearing up was needed Wynn, hope you don't get any more. A beautiful card.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pleased you are ok after the earthquake. Your card is gorgeous and you have lots of patience to glue these tiny flowers but it has been worth the effort.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card Wynn, I love all the little flowers making up the larger flower head, very like a hydrangea! That earthquake looks a bit scary, and I bet the supermarket still smells like a brewery! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it did do some damage! What a waste of wine! Hope all OK with you and yours. Love the card here - lots of layering lushiousness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you are all OK after the earthquake but what a shame about all those broken bottles! Great card with lots of lovely layers.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete