Saturday 29 August 2015

The Dragonflies are back!!!

Did you know Crafting with Dragonflies is up and running again. Hilde is now returned to good health and decided to re-launch the challenge blog. We wish her well and I'm sure if the support she has received thus far is anything to go by the challenge blog will once again be very successful.


This fortnight Hilde asked us to create something for the theme 'Under the Sea'. Now she doesnt' want to ships and lighthouses etc but you need to under the water to find your treasures.




I had a great time browsing through my stash and came across this old decoupage sheet by Gerri called 'Ocean Treasures'....perfect for the challenge. I love the colourful coral and the seaweed.




I decided to make a side stepper card and found some lovely 'fishy' background card to create 'mats.' for the steps. The decoupaged 'Ocean Treasures' image was placed along the front step. I found some diecut shells and a starfish and placed them alongside. Then I googled 'seahorse images' and found this colourful fellow. I fussy cut it out and placed it on the tall side step. More diecut shells and starfish were placed on the steps behind. Finally I added a cute greeting ' Best Fishes' from my stash (not sure of origin... if you know please tell me know and I can acknowledge the creator) and Voila!!

So I am back enjoying designing creating for 'Crafting with Dragonflies'. Please pop over to the challenge blog and give Hilde your support and blessings. Remember this doesn't have to be a greeting card it could be anything crafty. Go on have fun you know you want to. I look forward to seeing your creations!!



4 comments:

  1. Hi Wynn what a great card and lovely colours and the design is wonderful.

    Debs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card!! love the embellishments!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wynn thank you for your lovely comments.
    The new channel is 663 on sky and then the channel that starts
    On the 14th September is 216 I've heard that Dawn Bibby is on that one xx

    Debs xxx

    ReplyDelete