Sunday 4 October 2015

Unstampabelles October challenge.

It's a new month and a new challenge over at Unstampabelles. I think you loved the Boyz theme last month. There were lots of great male themed cards....thank you for sharing them with us.We are busy choosing our winner and  DT choice which Susan will announce on 12th. So don't forget to pop back then.....it could be yooooouuuuu!!

This month the theme is 'Sunrise or Sunset' and the twist is to add lots of Gold to your creations.

This is the prize that Susan has kindly donated for you.



It's a fabulous Sunburst embossing folder. I think you'll agree that this is well worth winning. Good Luck!

For my card I found an unusual Sunset. I thought the colours were wonderful and couldn't resist it. It's been in my stash for eons so it was time to use it I thought. The image came with the window frame. I'm not sure where it's from but someone may know. If you do let me know so that I can give credit to the artist. The colours are truly amazing!!



I picked out the colour purple from the top of the sky to match up. This was a piece of A4 folded in half to make an A5 card. Then remembering the twist was Gold Gold Gold I put a strip of bright yellow card stock across the centre. I know it's not Gold but it's sunshine yellow so I think that counts too lol!! I placed the image centrally and then the window frame was added using 3D pads. To balance I placed another strip of designer paper across the bottom......this has flecks of colour in it. Not sure what you call this paper but it's very flimsy. I found a greeting in  my stash which matched the sunshine yellow of teh card stock and added two purple flower gems. Then raided my peel off stash for gold corners for the frame and borders which I added to the frame and across the top, middle and bottom just to glitter it up a bit and Voila......finished!!

I hope you've been inspired. There's more inspiration for you over at Unstampabelles (link in sidebar). My teamies are very creative as you will see. 
Well that's all for now folks. I look forward to you comments,which are always appreciated. Have a good week crafting and most of all have fun!!

3 comments:

  1. I love your framed window scene. Such an amazing view. Those gold and purple sunsets are amazing. Ours tonight was tinged with pink but not a full blown golden red one - still pretty. Our lounge windows face nor-west and this time of the year we get the full spectacular views each evening across both windows. So your card really strikes a realistic note with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your framed window scene. Such an amazing view. Those gold and purple sunsets are amazing. Ours tonight was tinged with pink but not a full blown golden red one - still pretty. Our lounge windows face nor-west and this time of the year we get the full spectacular views each evening across both windows. So your card really strikes a realistic note with me.

    ReplyDelete