Sunday 20 March 2016

'All Creatures Great and Small'

Good Morning. I know I'm a bit late....not like me as I usually schedule my post. My excuse..... not been too well and other half is still struggling with a heavy cold so our sleeping has been non existent really. Hey ho onwards and upwards. We WILL get better!!!

Last time the challenge at CD Sunday was set by me..... a Colour challenges using a photo for inspiration. Wow what a lot of colourful entries. I'm blown away by them all and will have a difficult task choosing my winner!!! You'll have to wait two weeks though!!

This time Jocelyn has chosen 'All Creatures Great and Small'. There are some fab CDs out there to help you create something for this one. Remember it doesn't have to be a card it can be  anything crafty as long as you use a CD and don't forget to mention in your post which CD you've used. This is giving the designer some well deserved credit and we're nosey and like to know!!! You don't have to use the image from the CD it can be the background paper or the sentiment or ribbon strips....anything really . As long as there's something on there from a CD.

Here is my inspiration for you.


I used an older CD from Fjdesigns 'Fee meets Westie'. The images are to make up into pyramage but I decided to use them singularly.

The card is a triple easel with graduated sizes for the easels. The shapes were die cut from nesties and the bottom layers were embossed used the Swiss Dots folder. The sentiment 'HELLO' is made up of single peel off letters. I added a small die cut butterfly to the stopper and you can just see that there are also butterflies on the images. Finally a Happy Birthday peel off sentiment added to the back easel.

A fun, challenging card to make. If you search you should find a demo on Youtube.

I hope I've inspired you to have a go and enter our challenge over at CD Sunday (link in the sidebar). My teamies have created some fab cards to inspire you so pop over and give them some love.

Have fun and I look forward to visiting you soon.

4 comments:

  1. This is a lovely and very different shape card Wynn, love what you have done with it. Such cute images and it's nice to revisit some of our older CDs.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A real blast from the past Wynn, I think I have some of these CD's somewhere - I really must get some of my older ones out and have a play. A super card, such a cute image and great design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wynn. Sorry to be late getting to your Blog. I haven't seen a triple easel before - but I might have known that you would know how to do one. Your fancy folds and cut are works of art.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. My colleague at my craft group did a demo for this . So it's thanks to her really xx

      Delete