Sunday 12 June 2016

CD Sunday ' No images or photo'

What a great challenge Sue has set for you this time. It means you have to get creative with those CDs. Many crafters think that using a CD inhibits your creativity but not so. Especially as you'll see when you find out what the Design Team have created.

We have some new designers joining our team too. So a huge welcome to Margaret, Meg, Pamela and Pauline. We are so lucky to have you all on board and I look forward to working with you all. Please pop over to their blogs and give them some love!!

Last time Jocelyn wanted to see Lilac in your creations AND Lilac we got. Yes we were awash with Lilac!! There were some fab creation and Jocelyn is now trying to decide who our Top Three will be. Talking about winners all you who were lucky enough to win a fab prize in our Birthday challenge should be playing with their new goodies by now. I hope you're enjoying them. Isn't it lovely to receive a parcel of craft stuff in the post instead of bills!!

Here is my inspiration for you.



The CD I used for the background was by Joanne Sheen 'Eastern Treasures'.

 I die cut a large heart from the centre to create an aperture. Then added die cut flowers around the edge. This was the tricky bit. The flowers have to overlap the aperture and are adhered only to the edge. The second layer of flowers then overlap the first row. Then smaller die cut hearts were layered and placed centrally with the flowers just sticking to the edge of the heart to hold it in place. Think the photo may be clearer that my explanation !!!

I added some purple sparkly card to the back of the inside to show through. I placed flat backed pearls in the centre of the flowers. Finally a strip of ribbon lace was added plus the greeting and flat backed pearls and then a bow with a ribbon flower to the heart.

There's no image or photo with this one but still a busy card which requires creativity AND patience!

I hope I've inspired you. Please pop over to see the rest of the creations by the team and our new designers.....you won't be disappointed I promise you. You may just get some new ideas for using those CDs!! (Link in the sidebar.)

Have a fun week!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow Wynn - what a write up. Well done. I love your floral card and your description was fine and easy to follow. Everyone has created a great example for our followers to 'follow'.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Wynn thanks for the lovely welcome to the team, great idea to die cut an aperture and surround it with flowers what patience and precision, beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a similar design to this in a craft magazine and nearly used it for my DT card - good job I changed my mind LOL! Thanks for the brilliant welcome to the team Wynn.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Pamela think the original idea may have been from a magazine. My colleague at craft group presented it as an idea but not sure which mag she saw it in. I'm sure yours would have been so different even using the same basic idea......you should have gone with it too. W xx

      Delete
  4. I love what you have done here Wynn, so clever. I agree it does take a lot of patients but you had the idea and carried it through to it's lovely end result.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the lovely welcome to the team, I look forward to being with you for a long time.
    Gorgeous card, I love the little flowers arround the Center, it must have taken ages to put them on, it's such a pretty card.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card Wynn, lovely papers and your flower heart is so delicate - a fabulous design.
    Thank you for the warm welcome, I am delighted to be on the team.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Wynn, what a very pretty card. I love all those pretty flowers. It must have taken you ages.
    Jocelyn xx

    ReplyDelete