Saturday 25 June 2016

Sentiments

Whew!!! we are still having a heat wave here in Cyprus. It feels more like August than June.....crazy weather patterns. I'm not complaining mind as most of you know I don't do cold!!! So suits me really.

The UK I think is still reeling from the referendum results and have voted to leave the European Union, It's  divided many families but like true Brits we must all stick together and see it through. Someone wisely said today that Democracy won over Finances. The Brits decided enough was enough and were fed up with being told what to do by Brussels so they used their democratic vote and decided to leave. Enough said on the matter now as this is a craft blog after all and happiness must reign!! I vote Happiness!!

Our challenge this fortnight at Crafting with Dragonflies is to use those Sentiments that you have tucked away for the right occasion. This is my inspiration for you.
 
I used some delicate green textured card that I had in my stash for the background. Then a strip of apricot patterned paper was placed down the centre. This was some freebie paper that I got with a Craft Magazine. I then placed some kraft card down the centre of this. Two sentiments were then placed at an angle top and bottom of the strip. They read:
 
'Life is so
AMAZING
because
YOU ARE
in it!'
 
and
 
'When you
SMILE
the whole
WORLD
smiles!'
 
The word strip in between says 'Love You!'
 
The sentiments I think are from a Debbie Moore Shabby Chic CD ( let me know if I'm wrong and I'll give credit to the correct author) I then finished off with a flower that has been in my stash for eons and two dimensional butterflies were added.
 
I hope I've inspired you to take part in the challenge and I look forward to reading all those sentiments. Pop over to the challenge blog ( link in side bar0 and take a look at other inspiring sentiments from my teamies!1 You won't be disappointed.
 
Have a fun week and stay safe!
 

2 comments:

  1. I will join you in voting for happiness! I may be wrong, but I think the sentiments are from crafter's companion sugar and spice CD ROM. Love cards that use up scraps, because I am good at collecting them and never seem to use them. Melanie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie for info but don't think it's this CD as I don't have it. One of the few I don't have lol. Thank you for the lovely comments too Wynn x

      Delete