Sunday 25 September 2016

Final week with the Belles

Well the weather is definitely 'on the turn' here. This is what normally happens here. One day you are still in the height of Summer then overnight Autumn blows in....literally. We are having cloudy days and rain at night!! Such a change from the long hot Summer we've been enjoying.

The challenge at Unstampabelles is into it's final week and is very apt...#61 'Changing Seasons'. The challenge can be interpreted many ways as 'Seasons' can be defined as Sporting, Weather, Rites of passage, Lifestyle changes New Home, Job, Graduation etc.  This  my inspiration for you.


It's a New Home card for a friend who is moving from a cold climate to somewhere warmer and by the beach!! I thought a beach hut would be apt....hope she appreciates it!!

I began with a landscape DL card. The sky was a cropped photo taken in France last year and I adhered torn sand paper along the bottom for the sand. I had a beach hut template which I fussy cut and paper pieced with striped paper from a paper pad in my stash. The window is silver mirri card outlined with black peel offs The bunting was snipped from some backing paper I also had in one of my paper stacks. The wooden shell and starfish have been longing to be used for eons and I have finally found a 'home' for them! Not sure where the 'New Home' was from but I found it in  my folder of sentiments and I thought the colour matched perfectly.....lucky me eh!! The For Sale sign is hand written on a snippet of white card.

I hope I've inspired you and you'll pop over to Unstampabelles (link in sidebar) to see how others have interpreted the challenge. As always there's a yummy prize on offer from Susan. Not many rules for this one except to say that it's NO stamps please digi or otherwise!!

1 comment: