Saturday 1 October 2016

'Pinktober' with Dragonflies.

Time for another challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies. As it's Breast Cancer awareness month and this charity is close to Hilde's heart we are challenging you to create a card that depicts the Hope, Faith and Courage of the thousands of brave Cancer sufferers and survivors.

This is my inspiration for you.


I began with a square card using white card stock. I covered the background in a deep pink paper that was in my snippets box.  Then a paler piece of pink was embossed and placed across the centre. Now the fun started when I began to create the background for the image.

  I went to my snippets folder again and found co ordinating pink papers. Then  I cut them into triangles all the same size. This was done by firstly cutting oblong pieces the same size and then cutting them diagonally. Therefore each triangle was then equal. I took a square piece of card stock and starting at the centre I placed the pink triangles on to this. The triangles do overlapped at the sides and when completed you trim the edges. This makes a 'sunburst' effect.

I then placed it on the prepared card and added a pink gem where the 'points' of the triangles met. I googled images for Cancer awareness and found the one I'm using on the card. This was trimmed and matted with pale pink. Finally I added the pink ribbon bow and another pink gem.

A really fun background to create. I hope you give it a go and support our challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies. (link in sidebar) will atke you to more inspiration from the team!

Have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment