Monday 19 December 2016

Midway at Unstampabelles

 The year is nearly over and we are midway through our challenge at Unstampabelles. Susan has asked us to showcase our creations that include a 'Flickering Light' This can be a candle holder, card anything really as long as you don't use stamps.

This is my inspiration for you. I was commissioned to make this card for a customer to send to her Uncle in Denmark. So I went for a red and white theme, the national colours of Denmark.


My followers will know that I like unusual folds and this is another. The main card is white card stock folded so that the centre pops out. I embossed it with the 'tied together' embossing folder. I found the lantern image in my stash and die cut it with a scalloped oval die. This was placed on a matt of plain white card which I lifted up with 3D tape. The red stripes on the side panels are red ribbon with sparkly snowflakes. I added some wooden red snowflakes to the ribbon and finished the card with red gems added to the corners of the centre panel.

I also added the same ribbon to the side back panels and placed a sentiment in the centre. The sentiment is from a CD but I can't remember which one sorry....smacked hands!! So we have a flickering light on the front and back of this card!!

I hope I've inspired you to pop over to Unstampabelles. Link in sidebar. As usual there's a prize on offer from Susan. This time it's a ......

.........$20 (Australian|) gift voucher from a  craft shop of your choice.......
How generous is that!!!
 
Have a great week and keep cool if you're in sunnier climes and wrap up warm if you're shivering in the Northern Hemisphere!!! I'm in the middle and I'm wrapped up warm!!

3 comments:

  1. Great card and love the image and snowflakes
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the fold. The weather is warm but overcast here but we had snow on the mountain two days ago!
    Have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete