Monday 13 March 2017

#224 'Spring is in the air'

It's time for another challenge at Ooh La La. Last time we had some fabulous embossing projects. Pop over and see if you were a winner!! (link in sidebar)

This time it's naturally all about Spring, 'Spring is in the air'. It certainly is here with the almond blossom in abundance and the fields full of yellow rape making a golden carpet. With this in mind here is the inspiration I have created for you this time.


The image and background papers are taken from the 'Paula Oakley' CD. This can be found in the Ooh La La store  (link.....ooh-la-la-) It reminded me of how the fields here in Cyprus look at the moment.

I started with a square card and chose the matching background paper from the CD. I cut it into two triangular shapes and then die cut the image to create a circle. I then die cut a frame to place around it. I then decided it needed to be softened so I added the light weight ribbon and made two tiny bows. Then I found some wooden yellow butterflies in my stash and placed them randomly along the ribbon. Finally I die cut the greeting in the same yellow background paper and placed it in the top right hand corner. Et Voila!!

I hope I've inspired you to join us at Ooh La La and if you pop over to the challenge blog (link in sidebar) you will find more inspiration from our wonderful design tam.

Take care and have a crafty week.

6 comments:

  1. I would love to see a field of daffodils it must be an amazing site, great card Wynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Wynn love the image and wonderful design.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, our yellow rape seed is not in flower yet, another at least a month to two months before are fields are golden.
    Great layout and image

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card! Love that image and the bright happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love how you halved the card with the two papers, it complements the image perfectly. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card Wynn, such a pretty design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete