Monday 10 April 2017

'Birthday' with Ooh La La

It's time for our new challenge at Ooh La La and it's 'Birthdays' chosen by Pauline. We had some fab entries for our Layer it up challenge last time. The Top Three are up on the blog now so don't  forget to pop over to see if you're a winner (link in sidebar)
Here is my inspiration for you this time.



                                   (sorry the light wasn't too good when I took this photo)

It's another of my different folds etc. I prefer a challenge of making new folds and styles of cards instead of the simple A4 folded!! Some of my fellow crafters think I'm mad! Maybe just a little crazy!!

This design was shown to me by one of our crafters in my group. Not sure if it has a name but it's a zig zag fold with 3 ovals placed centrally across the large oblong aperture. You need fairly sturdy card for this one to give it some strength as the central aperture is large. Alternatively you could place acetate behind the aperture .....wish I'd thought of this when I was making it!! The letters for the greeting are all die cuts from a die cut set we've had in the craft group for eons .....not sure who makes them sorry.

The centre oval contains a lovely image from an Ooh La La CD  'Say it with words' It's a beautiful image and looks like a watercolour painting....very pretty. You will find the CD for sale here .ooh-la-la-creations

I finished off the design with flat backed pearls placed around the oval frames.

I think this will be a popular challenge as we all need birthday cards!! So I look forward to visiting many of you and seeing if anyone has been brave enough, like me,to make a different style birthday card!!

Have a lovely week and Happy Easter to you all!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow Wynn, what a fantastic shape, it's a beautiful card something to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Wynn, what a super design, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Wynn, lovely colours and such a fabulous design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card shape! Love the fancy folds and pretty colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Wynn, love the card design and such a beautiful image.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Wynn, love the card design and such a beautiful image.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete