Sunday 16 April 2017

Midway at Unstampabelles

Happy Easter everyone. I hope you're all enjoying your weekend whatever you may be doing to celebrate. Greek Orthodox Easter is also being celebrated at the same time this year. It doesn't happen often but double celebrations are lovely.

The five domed Greek Orthodox church in Yeroskipou near Paphos Cyprus. The red eggs are symbolic with Easter, the red depicting the blood of Jesus.

We are mid way through the challenge at Unstampabelles . The challenge is ' To die for...' So we are looking for yummy dies on your creations and the twist is to add a bird. There's an great prize on offer too
10 die cut bunnies

.brand new sweet chicks die
 
Here is my inspiration for you.

It's an A5 card and I used a fancy edger die to use on the gatefold opening. I also added two diecut butterflies. The main card is patterned and I layered a matching lilac matt inside which I'd embossed. The bird and nest are from a Joanne Sheen CD Holly Hill Pond and was a snippet of left over paper from another project. The Birthday Wishes is also from this CD. Finally I added pink gems to the butterflies and flowers under the nest. Peeping through from the inside is another image from some Hunky Dorey papers.

I hope I've inspired you to take part. So just get out those lovely dies and don't forget no stamping please. (Although lovely to see they won't put be in the prize draw.)

'Happy Easter' or if you are also celebrating Greek Orthodox Easter 'Kalo Paxa!'.

4 comments:

  1. Kalo Paxa! What a lovely photo of the church. How old is that do you think? Stunning building. Great use of the eggs in the foreground too. Didn't know that about the red - learn something everyday and you never grow old. Beautiful card Wynn - also love it when you can use up a scrap productively.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan it dates from the Byzantine period. Some of the wall paintings are 5th century. It's unique as it has 5 domes. xx

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous Wynn.
    I've recovered from the chocolate but I can't say my children have! Hope you had a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the shape and design.
    Lovely photo of the church with the eggs in front, Hope you had a great Easter. By the look of that sky, you had beautiful weather

    ReplyDelete