Sunday 30 April 2017

New challenge at Unstampabelles

It's a new month and a new challenge at Unstampabelles. Time must have wings as it flies by so quickly. We are almost halfway through this year Wow! The fruit trees in the orchard are growing really well but some high winds last weekend caused us to lose literally hundreds of plums. Thankfully the apricots survived so all the fruit harvest is not lost!

This time we would like to see some layering on your creations and the TWIST is to use a border punch or edging die.

 As usual there is a prize on offer and this time it's two edging dies. I wish I could enter as I love this one!!

 
Couture Creations edging dies
(New)
 
Here is my inspiration for you.
 
 
It's a handbag shaped card using a template provided by one of my crafter friends. Thank you Christine. It's a simple shape folded at the top. I embossed the white card stock with a new A4 embossing folder that I got from Joanne Sheen. I cut two layers for the flap using an edging die. One was white embossed card to match the main 'handbag' and the other was patterned cardstock. I then used the edging die again to make the handle.
 
 I'll try to explain how I did it. I  took a piece of the patterned card stock and cut one edge. Then I turned it 180 degrees and cut the opposite edge. The piece was then folded down the centre and then I carefully fussy cut the middle away to create the space on the handle.I adhered this on to the top of the card before adding the layers made earlier to give it more strength.
 
The flowers were die cut in the same card stock and Rangers Mint Green liquid pearls were added to the centres. Then I lightly drew some pencil lines to create a spray effect and added the liquid pearls to them. I will add a sentiment at a later date when I decide who will receive it!
 
Please pop over to Unstampabelles (link in sidebar) and see what the rest of the team have created. I look forward to visiting you soon and thank you for all your comments which are always read and appreciated.
 
Have fun and a very crafty week!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card, I love shaped cards and love how you used the die edging.

    ReplyDelete